.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

High School Reunion


Sorta...

Both Stacey and I had talked about attending our 20th high school reunion about four years ago. The closer we got to the actual event, the less we cared about going. So we didn't. The reunion took place in Fairbanks Alaska, June of this year.

But I got to hang out with my best friend from high school in Asheville last month, which was waaaaayyyy better than the reunion would have been anyway. I'm sure of that. The last time we were together in person, was 1994 when Trevor was a wee little man. Since then, I've added three members to my family, Stacey got married and had a child and our lives have taken us to the far corners of the country (she currently resides in Juneau AK). We've changed in amazingly similar ways and so our friendship has stayed strong in spite of the physical distance between us.

We were the crazy ones. Unconventional. Hard to categorize, yet easy to dismiss in that messed up place called school. We had planned to drive across the U.S. after graduation but let the fearful parents talk us out of it. We still wish we'd just done it.

In Asheville, there was a feeling that no time had passed though much had changed. Some friends are like that ya know.:)

She got to meet Ciara for the first time and Trevor for the second (now that he towers above us) and I got to meet Hope who was a ball of happy energy. I already miss them.


1 Comments:

Blogger Heidi Snavley said...

That's so awesome!! I didn't realize that it had been that long since you had seen her!! I guess cause I just saw her a couple of years ago:) She looks soooo good!!

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home