.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Sunday, September 16, 2007

I promise I'll stop...

...after this. Really. Truly. I just had to share a few more photos from RE. Bear with me here ok?



This was the really nice security guard that put up with our late night shenanigans. When I looked at him I said "Dang, you have a great face for Visual Kei!" and he actually knew what I was talking about! We had a mini-conversation about J Rock and some Visual kei bands. He had actually been on that scene and admitted to looking pretty good in some of the costumes.:)

We liked him.

As a makeup artist the Visual Kei style gives me goosebumps it's so amazing. The Gothic Lolita stuff does the same. As one of my customer's said "I'm having a girly moment". A girly EDGY moment I suppose. It's that mix of innocent/feminine and hard-edge that is so enchanting.

Eli and I just being plain goofy. Eli Gerzon is quite a world traveller for one so young. A great inspiration to kids wanting to "drop in" to life and out of school! He also takes groups to foreign countries, his next foray is into Mexico.

And finally, my ATC workshop*. The kids are always such an inspiration to me! They came up with new ways to do the crayon melt cards, surprising me with their creativity (will I ever quit being surprised by these ingenious spirits?). The ATC's were being made and traded for HOURS. I look forward to the next opportunity to share ATC's with curious minds. I must have had hundreds of blanks with me, thinking it was waaay too many. It wasn't quite enough in the end. Encouraging creativity means one needs to keep resources readily available!

I just used the last of my German Rock Cane sugar from the lush Teavana store in Dallas. Order some from their website for a rare treat. It's more raw then raw sugar! Crunchy, sweet, deliciousness. I was sad to use the last of it....

*Photo by Dan Coppersmith. More Rethinking Education photos are available at his photo gallery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home