.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly?"

It was the official tattoo funshop once again! Sunday night after the Live and Learn conference (which I sadly missed this year) we all met up at Empire tattoo in Asheville NC to get inked. Two years ago the tradition was born when Jon Kream showed up at my hotel door in St. Louis and said "let's go". That was my introduction to the world of tattoo's. Let's just say I'm hooked now.:)

Here's the latest addition of art to my body....



It's a Frieda Kahlo quote that I've loved for a very long time. I had the idea of feathers and a quote, the tattoo artist really ran with my idea and created a design I love.


Here's Kelli Traaseth's gorgeous tattoo that she designed herself. It looks very Tim Burtonish to me. I thought it was pretty bold for a first ink. Unfortunately I have no pics of Diana's full-calf tattoo and we missed Jon's inking all together as his was delayed by a day and we were headed back over the mountains before he got in. There were so many people getting inked this time. I hope you all post your pics soon.:)


6 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

Wooohoo, Kelli! Last we spoke, you were still undecided. It's big, but it's beautiful!

Love the quote, Ren. Maybe next year, I'll be ready for more fun. I need to find out if they do feet, which is where I want my next tat. Although, Sam still hasn't gotten over the one from last year. ;)

Can't wait to see more pics.

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I love it, absolutely love it.

1:55 PM  
Blogger piscesgrrl said...

Wow, you're all beautiful! I've never seen myself as a tat person, but y'all make it so appealing, with the whole doing-it-together thing. I can never resist any sort of bonding activity. Very cool.

11:18 PM  
Blogger kelli said...

I asked the artist who did mine about feet and hands and he said no problem :)

I'm also thinking of those locations. I'd love to have a lotus on my hand.

Thanks guys for the compliments. I do love it. It is a bit of a high maintenance thing right now, sticky and sore, but I know in the long run it will be worth it.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was so sorry to miss you Ren, at the conference AND at Empire. I had to run back to the campground and get to the picnic, the kids were VERY worried that I would miss it ;-)
got one this year as well, I wanted to last year but missed you guys. I love yours, it's so full of beauty. Here's my blog about mine
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-hyl4g088bqoucMCa.Bn_Rchv?p=807

12:42 PM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

I was there in spirit! BG

http://daikinicrossroads.blogspot.com/2007/09/gals-gotta-do-what-gals-gotta-dowhen.html

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home