.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Fabric ATC's


I figured out a fun way to make fabric ATC's and thought some of you might enjoy playing around with these. I start with the stiff felt you can buy in sheets at the craft store and cut it to appropriate ATC size; 2.5" x 3.5". For this one, I also cut a felt piece of the same size that was tie-dyed.

After laying the tie-dyed felt over the stiff felt backing, I drop bits of yarn scraps leftover from other projects. I also added a couple of metal bits for this one, a swirl and a stamped word.


Cover the whole thing with a piece of tulle. Don't be particular about size because you can trim it down later. Stitch the tulle over the other fabrics in any pattern you wish. I usually go around the perimeter for added strength, but not always. If you only do the center, it has a less "finished" look.



A finished fabric ATC! I love my pocket size bits of inspiration.



A complete set from that day. "Hope", "Inspiration", "friendship" are a few of the stamped metal pieces. Happy ATCing!

5 Comments:

Blogger Deanne said...

Thanks for sharing that great idea! I'm sure we'll be trying it out here. :)

9:51 AM  
Blogger piscesgrrl said...

Wow - those are beautiful! I've never made an ATC. I need to try.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I love this idea! We FINALLY got around to making ATCs in our house - after being on the IT list for I think a year now. We just messed around with watercolor and wax resist. It was so much fun. I'm looking forward to trying other media. Thanks for the inspiration.
Jenny

11:57 PM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Ohhh, pretty pretty...I need to get back in the groove!

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love those!
i have totally been out of the creative loop, what with trying to sell our house and being all pregnant :)
wish i could trade with you at the conference...see you next year :)

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home