.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Monday, July 23, 2007

Growing things

We started out with a pretty rough patch of dirt. I posted previously about moving worms and wondering if this soil could sustain much. As soon as I get new pics back I'll show the above patch absolutely overtaken with plants now. The "wallermelon" Jalen picked out has taken over the entire thing, bordered by some potatoes and sunflowers. In this picture it's the plant on the lower left corner. No worries about being able to garden here.:)





The Hollyhocks did especially well this year.


We managed to gather some wild blackberries that border our property. I purchased more to be able to make jam, but our own pickings were mixed in at least.

The tomatoes....ah, lovely homegrown tomatoes.
These were grown in bins on the deck. Ciara really loves the yellow ones.
She gets all excited everytime one ripens and it gets eaten almost immediately.

Her favorite method is slicing it up thin and placing it on a piece of toast slathered with mayo. Always sprinkle with some sea salt of course. YUM!



3 Comments:

Blogger LeaAnn said...

Those tomatoes look absolutely delicious! So do the blackberries. Hey, you cut your grass! I bought a reel mower and I love it. No gas, no oil and it's light and easy to push. Lots of walking though.

1:03 PM  
Blogger samuel said...

I like to make a grilled cheese sandwich and then put tomato slices on when it's done.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I Love tomato sandwiches, too! I thought I was the only one... :) Beautiful bounty!

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home