.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Sunday, May 20, 2007

My happy day....

I'm starting where it all ended, at Acoustic Coffeehouse with small people playing "make-up-your-own-rules" chess,



a surprise visit by the Lost Mountain String Band, which gets you right up out of your seat for some dancing. The guitarist is a local unschooling Dad...very cool!:)



We chilled and chatted with good friends,

while Sierra designed Hug Buttons for the willing (thanks to Cameron Lovejoy for such a wonderful and sweet idea)



My Birthday was filled with people I love,

beautiful views, sunshine


and smiling kids.

(don't they look especially happy here?)
But one of the best parts about turning 38 years old?

I feel strong......

....and beautiful.

and that's worth celebrating any day. Happy birthday to me, and Rue and Sharon.......two of my other favorite people in the world. Thank you to everyone that called or wrote or sang to me, you all made my day, including Dante the dog who sang to me from Alaska. Much love and gratitude to you all. I am truly wealthy beyond measure.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birth Day, you Beautiful, Strong Woman!

12:46 AM  
Blogger kelli said...

Looks like you had a great day, thanks for sharing, makes me feel a little less far from you guys! *g*

*hugs*

Kelli~

10:23 AM  
Blogger Heidi Snavley said...

And we love you SOOOOOOO much!!!

6:04 PM  
Blogger LeaAnn said...

Happy Birthday! I remember that age, I had a one yr old....and a 21 yr old....and a few in between. Happy days, enjoy!

10:06 PM  
Blogger L. J. Lowe said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!! Sorry I missed it... I've been out of the loop for awhile.

Lesa

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home