.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Saturday, May 12, 2007

"I'm eatable", says he

When I got home from work tonight, Jalen and Sierra were running laps around the house and showing off how many sit ups they could do. "We're exercising Mom!" they proudly exclaimed. After some obstacle courses and timing each other (Bleu instigates this stuff) and swinging, Jalen worked up quite an appetite apparently. He wanted me to fix him some "potatoes smashed with butter and salt and some chips and cheese." A veggie sandwich got added on and when I said "That's a LOT of food Jalen, I don't think you can eat all of that." He answers,

"But MOM, I'm EATABLE!!"



"Oh goodie" says I, "let me try some" and proceeded to pretend-gnaw on the sweet arm of Jalen Kai.

"No MOM, I'm an eatable kid you can't eat 'cuz I'd die if someone ate me!"

He was serious as a heart attack when he said it too, as if concerned that his Mum thought he was truly edible. Funny guy that one. And he ate most of the food.

2 Comments:

Blogger marji said...

Liam and I have had this same go-round! I would "nibble" him, and he'd warn me that if I nibbled too much I'd have no more boy left. (Well that sure made me want to stop!) I'd tell him I'd stop nibbling in time to make sure there was enough of him to grow back. Then, I'd nibble some more!

Happy Mamma's Day, Mamma!!

2:02 PM  
Blogger Heidi Snavley said...

Oh, you gotta love that kid!! I'm having major Jalen withdrawals, especially when I see those sweet pictures of him.

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home