.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

ANTI-Prom


Anti-prom was a blast! We all dressed up and ate pizza (yes pizza) at Mellow Mushroom then walked up to Pritchard park for many hours of jumping, dancing and grooving to the beat of many drums (and a few others instruments). By the time it got totally dark, the square was jam packed with dancers.


















Saying goodbye the next day was the hardest part!
After it was all said and done, there was a lot of group
hugs and laughter and walking and dancing and
eating and talking and new friendships and makeup
(yep, even the guys) and dressing fancy and having
a generally great time.

Thanks to M for putting it all together....you rock chica!!:)
Looking forward to next year.

6 Comments:

Blogger kelli said...

that's so cool!!. i am with my mom right now but i wanted to put a comment to it and i was lazy to log out so i am Kyra B

10:12 AM  
Blogger Ren Allen said...

Hi Kyra! Maybe next year you can come with us...that would be great.:)

10:49 AM  
Blogger Heidi Snavley said...

I wanna go next year..........whine, whine! Asheville keeps looking better and better to me! Maybe someday- when I can convince my boys that there is more to life than Alaska, lol!!

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have a homeschooler's prom, but I like this idea much better!

3:28 PM  
Blogger piscesgrrl said...

Wow, that sounds soooo cool! And you look stunning, by the way! LOVE the hair. You're someone I channel as I weigh the social consequences of some changes I'd like to make... your energy must be far reaching, because just as I contemplated how I might break the news to some folks and handle their reactions, my sister announced that her Hispanic husband wants to bleach his hair blonde! And he's a shy guy! I'm psyched about it.

And thanks for the comments on my blog post.... I kinda showed my hand in my response to the anonymous commenter, but it caught me on an already day and really harshed my mellow!

I'm so thankful for unschoolers. Y'all save my sanity!

Namaste!!!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Ren Allen said...

OH my...I don't know that I've ever been channelled before.:) Sounds fun!

So many people inspire me to truly LIVE. I'm glad some of that energy can be shared around in some fashion. I love my tribe and I'm glad to have made your aquaintance.

About the hair color stuff....sometimes I just think it's a silly thing to spend time on, but the truth is I LOVE color. I mean really love it. The easier I can change colors around (anywhere in my life), the more inspired and happy I seem to be. So I'll keep coloring for now....outside the lines preferably.;)

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home