.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Batik!

We learned how to do Batik recently!
Jessica brought all the tools and Garry brought the dyes. We all had fun dripping the hot wax over material.....


Then we gave it a bath in a lovely lavender dye.
















Ciara shows off her new T-shirt.



There's always time for a bit of jumping in the sunshine and sweet friend hugs.

We're all inspired to do some tie-dye and other fun projects now.:)

6 Comments:

Blogger Heidi Snavley said...

I wanna learn!!

3:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I remember batiking in highschool when we had a our annual 'artist in residence'. It was fun. The boys would love it, I'm sure. Maybe I'll get brave enough to try it soon!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Aleah says, "I love Ciarra because
she's my friend. She's so soft and cozy." Thanks for having us over we sure did have fun.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Zenmomma said...

Fun! I cannot believe how much Ciara looks like you.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Ren Allen said...

There is something quite satisfying about dripping hot wax over material...purposeful mess making or something.

I just read Ciara the comment from Aleah and she got a big smile on her face.:) I don't know, maybe we should start age-segregating our children or something...heaven knows a 4y.o. and 10y.o. can't possibly be friends *gasp*.;)

10:47 PM  
Blogger kelli said...

That looks like so much fun, I wanna do that!

6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home