.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Rethinking Education

Still trying to process all of the energy and learning that happened at Rethinking Education this last weekend. It's a great event, and truly focused on unschooling. I was honored to meet many new people that brought some amazing connections and ideas to the table. Sitting on a panel discussion with John Taylor Gatto and Peter Kowalke, among others was a highlight for sure.

I received generous gifts from Dan Coppersmith...the main gift being kindness, the secondary gifts are his photography and poetry. One was an 11x17 piece suitable for framing... go read it as soon as you can and say it out loud as often as possible.:) It's on the front page of his site, titled "Hello World".

There were late night talks, intense discussions, tears, hugs, funshops the size of Texas and as colorful as the unschoolers in attendance, art at the mall with my traveling butterfly gypsy, fortunes from cookies, feathers and angels pointing the way and enough laughter to make my gut ache. To sum up, it was an incredible weekend that helped me stretch and grow in ways I didn't expect.

Thank you to every person that shared of their time, their friendship, their support and their gifts. I feel fortunate to have been a part of the whole experience and I know my journey will take me in new places because of the connections made there.

....pictures to be up soon....very soon......promise....:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home