.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Rethinking Education comes to life....



Rethinking Education is an awesome adventure!
Signs like this were posted all over the hotel:









































The piano was at Northpark mall, the very piano that John Lennon wrote the song "Imagine" upon. If you look closely, you can see the "Traveling Butterfly Gypsy" near my leg. She had a few adventures in Dallas with me.

My ATC workshop was loads of fun. I love trading with the children who are always so enthusiastic about these small works of art.

Peter Kowalke and Susan Brummett show off their ability to raise ONE eyebrow. I'm scared.

The late-night group consisted of (in this instance) Aaron Garland (whose uncle started the Muskox farm in Fairbanks I grew up visiting and whose friends started Vagabond Blues in Palmer...our favorite place to eat. Heidi got us hooked on Vagabonds!), myself, Eli Gerzon (a grown unschooler who now travels the world), Peter Kowalke (famous for his unschooling documentary "Grown Without Schooling") and the "S couple" Susan and Steve Brummett who know more about windsocks than anybody I've met.;)

It was a crazy, enlightening and fun-filled weekend. One I won't forget! I'm thankful for each and every one of you that made me feel welcome, stretched my horizons and connected over laughter or tears.

2 Comments:

Blogger daddybfree said...

I enjoyed hearing you speak and meeting you and so many other inspiring people at the RE Conference. Thanks, B

4:57 PM  
Blogger Zenmomma said...

I want to hear more about what you liked at RE! It sounds like you really connected there. I'd love to bring some of that energy to LIFE is Good.

It's cool to see the Butterfly gypsy joining in on the fun. Danielle was asking about her at L&L. Maybe she needs to visit the farm next?

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home