.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Live and Learn crew continued....

Some shots of our time in Asheville with friends last weekend......

There's always some hidden and intriguing doorway somewhere, we're just sure it leads someplace fantastic. In this case it was to a hookah shop.:)

Ciara gets to reconnect with old friends and meet some new ones up at Black Mountain, ever so briefly.


This guy had the most unique tandem bike I've ever seen. Just a few minutes later we watched him bike past us up the street near Empire Tattoo. I'd hate to crash on this bike! Should have asked him for a ride.

There was the usual intense discussion and laughter that seems to come with the territory of hanging out with a bunch of unschoolers! The two people on the far right and left of this picture have the most fantastic coffee shop ever, in Corvallis OR. Make it a point to visit Sunnyside Up cafe if you're in the area.

One of my favorite raconteurs in the whole-wide-universe. Dianna always cuts right to the point in her blazing, fiery, beautiful way. She's truly one of the brightest lights this earth has ever known.

The Traveling Butterfly Gypsy was hanging out with us of course. These are some of my soul sisters...

My sweet "twin" Rue fits right into the Asheville scenery with her colorful, swirly skirts. We often get mixed up at the email lists and we share a birthday, so I'll claim her.:) I truly didn't write "Parenting a Free Child" though I get misplaced credit occasionally. It's a fabulous book that answers anything and everything related to unschooling and gentle parenting.
We're hanging out in front of Malaprop's here.
A pit stop at Malaprop's bookstore is always in order when you visit Asheville. Charles Vess and Charles de Lint were scheduled to be there that evening. We missed that unfortunately. I had left my copy of Memory and Dream at home anyway. Maybe next time.

The last goodbye. We waved and honked as the Jenners took the left ramp and we went right. It makes my heart happy to see their van all covered with happy unschooling "free the children" type messages. Until next time my friends.....be well.

6 Comments:

Blogger kelli said...

Awww.. miss you guys so much already, hugs to you all!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Deanne said...

I missed seeing you! :( I wanted to give you a big hug? Well, here's a virtual one (((((Ren)))), until we see each other again.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Ren Allen said...

Feeling the hugs! I will be there next year...can't wait to see you guys again.:) I love my tribe.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Zenmomma said...

I'm so glad we got to see you!! Lots of hugs from the left coast too. :o)

12:34 AM  
Blogger Schuyler said...

Damnit! I saw you sitting chatting with Kelly at the table. But your hair is a new color/colors and I wasn't really sure and sometimes I get oh so very shy. So, I didn't get to say hello. And I so wanted to. I so wanted to meet you.

I saw you though! So I know you are a real person. I love your hair!

Schuyler

6:28 AM  
Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Sad chickie here...I missed all my girls! Next stop......

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home