.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

SpiritWire

I just want to plug a really fabulous site one more time.:)
A new friend from the RE conference (mentioned in previous blog entry) gave me a truly amazing gift at a very appropriate moment. I read it every day now and I think everyone needs to have a copy.

Dan Coppersmith of Spiritwire.com takes gorgeous photos and writes uplifting poetry. The one I'm referring to scrolls across the front page of his website and is sure to inspire and ignite your spirit.

Of the twelve verses in "Hello World", this is one of my favorite:

"I am blazing, amazing
I can't be contained
I'm a glorious, fabulous
Radiant flame...."

I hope you get a copy for your home and read it aloud everyday. Can you imagine what an empowering thing this would be for a child to hear over and over? Can you imagine what might happen if we could all celebrate ourselves and each other for exactly who-we-are today?

Go check it out and celebrate YOU...because you are an amazing being!! I just know it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i ordered his poster right after I read your blog on sept 4th. it sounds wonderful!

9:40 PM  
Blogger Ren Allen said...

I'm so glad! Not only is it a fabulous poem to have in your home, but I would love to see his gift come back to him ten-fold.:)

Enjoy!

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home