.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Monday, September 24, 2007

Inspiration from starchild


All of my children inspire me in different ways. This is about how Ciara has inspired me lately...
She loves to bake and cook. Recently she has been all about the sugar cookies. It interests me how her cookies are colorful and artsy, just like her. In the above photo, she is wearing a shirt she altered by cutting up 2 or 3 shirts to make a new creation.




Beautiful! They tasted good too.:)




Bella gets to be her model for a knitted creation. She looks a bit peeved about the whole affair.



Her clothes and hair are typically another form of expression. She picked up this lovely green scarf from one of our favorite stores in Asheville where the windows are full of swirly, long skirts.



She was all about painting the other day. This is a representation of our shimmering, fan-tail guppies. Another painting was an abstract with collage. I snagged the last board, time to stock up again! She inspired me to stop my busyness and sit to draw, paint and reflect for a bit....



It started with oil pastels, evolved to watercolor pencils and acrylic paint. It's not finished just yet. Next up is some gel medium and maybe drawing and collaging over the base surface.



Jalen and Ciara created several Spongebob Squarepants characters from playdough. They look good enough to eat!

Thanks for all the inspiration Ciara. I'm glad you're the vibrant, colorful, sparkling soul that reminds me to be expressive in all that I do.

4 Comments:

Blogger kelli said...

awww.. love you guys! And love your sparkliness Ciara :)

I'm trying to stay sparly right now *yawn* in order to drive (at midnight) to get Halo 3. Thanks for inspiration Ciara!

12:36 AM  
Blogger Deanne said...

You are two blessed girls, for sure! ;)

4:27 PM  
Blogger Heidi Snavley said...

She is a little free spirit and I'm missing her like crazy!!

3:12 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I am much inspired by the sparkly creativity also - maybe I'll get out the pastels and water color pencils myself today!
Thanks for the inspiration, both of you!
Stephanie S

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home