.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Monday, February 11, 2008

Words of love and other funnies

I meant to post this way back in early January, but saved it as a draft and forgot about it. Doh.

We do a lot of "I love you more than..." comparisons. Every night it seems. But this one night we got carried away being silly and I decided to write some of them down. Sierra got it all started with this:

"I love you more than the moon loves the night.
I love you more than the sun loves the light.
I love you more than stars love the sky.
I love you more than the birds love to fly."

And then it devolved from there.

I'm not ever sure who said what anymore, but here's a sampling:

I love you more than a shooting star loves stardust.
More than a fox loves it's fur.
More than my teeth love toothpaste.
More than my nose loves snot.

Sierra and I had these:

I love you more than Ren loves honey (wonder why that one is on her mind?)
I love you more than Trevor loves money
I love you more than Jalen loves funny
I love you more than Sierra loves bunny
I love you more than Jared loves gummy
I love you more than Dad loves sunny
I love you more than Moira loves hunny (the other kind, you know)


And Sierra one more time:

More than my eye loves eyejuice.
then, more than my eye loves seeing.

Jalen the other day:

I was helping him with his new spy watch. We figured out all the cool features and that it will tell you the time in several different world locations. I exclaimed "man this is a cool watch, it has everything!"
"no it doesn't Mom" replies Jalen.
"it doesn't have chocolate"

Hmmm....time to rethink spy watches all together. What decent spy would go out into the field without chocolate tucked into his/her spywatch?? Duh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Those are beautiful sentiments - you should incorporate them into your family ATC art! J

8:19 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Those are beautiful sentiments - you should incorporate them into your family ATC art! J

8:19 PM  
Blogger Deanne said...

What a sweet and beautiful thing to read on Valentine's day! Thanks for sharing. Wishing you all lots of lovey moments today. ;)

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home