.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Happy Birthday Groundhog!



This is my wee groundhog, born seven years ago today. We celebrated at Chuck E Cheese with a few friends yesterday, but today was the real deal. We left the digital camera in the van yesterday of course, so I have nothing to share yet. Film is soooo slow but I still love it.





His final creation. I know you can't tell, but that is a dinosaur cake. Truly.



Somehow it always devolves into some major food mess with hands squishing things and goo in the hair. Bathtime followed and a sweet smelling Jalen joined us for some ATC making. He didn't know we'd gotten it all out to make him some birthday art.



When we handed him a stack of ATC's to add to his collection he said "Yay, more cards!!"
"Do you want to look at them?" I inquire.
"Nope" was the simple response.

Just "nope". He's satisfied that there is more art in his collection to trade. That's all he cared about. I posted some pics of my ATC's over at the Tea With Ren blog where I'm documenting my "Thing-a-day" involvement.



Sharing a moment and some peach with Freebie. I just love his happy eyes. Happy Birthday sweet Jalen Kai. You are no calm ocean but tidal waves don't beg forgiveness do they? Thank you for being my continual bhodisatva. I am a better person because of you. I love you Kaiboy.:)

5 Comments:

Blogger kelli said...

Happy Birthday Jalen! Love you and miss you. Your cake looked yummy!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

That looked like a lot of fun, Happy Birthday!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Ren,
Would love to attend an unschoolers gathering... I am in East Tn and am working our way to unschooling... (so far, it is going ok)..
PLease let me know when there is another one...
Thanks and have a great week!!
LisaW in TN
mykidsmatter2@yahoo.com

10:24 PM  
Blogger Heidi Snavley said...

Hard to believe how fast seven years go by!! I can hardly look at pictures of him because I am bound and determined to get into that picture and give him a BIG OL' hug and kiss!! Happy Birthday Jalen Kai boy!!! Some day that name will make sense to us.

1:32 AM  
Blogger laura said...

i so so so love your ending lines of this post. just about made me cry.

i'm so glad we got to spend a special day with him too, we had so much fun. thanks for having us along on the ride.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home