.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Wannabee

Went to the Beekeeping Association's monthly meeting last night. I expected to find a room with perhaps 10-12 people and was shocked to enter a large room full-to-busting with over 80 people! It's really exciting how much support there is for agriculture here.

I met a couple of new folks, many experienced beekeepers and gained a lot of valuable information. I'll be taking the beekeeping class for beginners in March. Very exciting.
So I'm a member now, with no bees.:) One step at a time.

And this, from Storypeople today, I can totally relate:

I can remember walking down
the street, saying my name over & over,
until all of a sudden, it didn't sound like
my name anymore. It didn't even sound
like a word at all & then I stopped & the
silence rushed in & whispered words that
sounded more like my real name & I smiled
& thought to myself how surprised my
parents would be when they found out
what a mistake they had made.


Oh, and CG...
I met Ken and Kathy but couldn't remember who referred me to them until I got home! Then I searched and searched for the post where you'd mentioned them and couldn't find that....Bleu thinks I've lost my mind. Anyway, they were really interesting and I plan to visit their apiary soon! Thanks for the recommendation because now I can buy everything locally.




2 Comments:

Blogger CG said...

Ken and Kathy are great. I suppose most of the bee folks are rather . . . ummm, conventional. And yet, I've always found that sort way more accommodating of my weirdnesses than, well, the typically or pointedly "weird". See if there is an old man who comes to the meetings whose name is . . . Marvin Rowlett. He is so cool and I know he used to go. He used to come out here turkey hunting but he hasn't been able in some time. Hubby and he have known each other all of hubby's life I guess, and his wife and my grandmother are/were cousins (and kin to Ralph Stanley).

9:12 PM  
Blogger Ren Allen said...

I'll pay attention and see if I hear his name when we go next time. I'm really excited now, because we spent today making lip balm with Jessica, using beeswax from her hives.
My lips are lovin' it!
Can't wait to get my hives put in....

And yeah, I could have listened to Ken's bee stories all night. They were both really interesting. I plan to buy supplies from them. Thanks so much for the referral!

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home