.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Out-of-synch

I've been waiting to post pics of Brandon's visit for two reasons. One is that I still use a film camera and three rolls are waiting to hit the camera store. The other reason is that the few pics we have are on Ciara's digital camera but if I post them, my blog won't be in chronological order. Gasp!

I finally realized that my thinking was a bit rigid in that respect. Waiting to post until they can all be in chronological order? Who freaking cares?? Schoolish thinking rears it's head in the strangest of ways. So I'm going to post a couple pics, NOT in order and I'll add to it when we get more to add.

First of all, my friend Laura posted a bunch of fun pics (including a horrible one of me) over at her flickr account of our day at Rock Creek. The water hole was drained so the kids built Obos in it instead. The creek is so dry there isn't enough water for the water hole! It's scary how the creek is down to a mere trickle. The kids had a good time hanging out anyway.




After our Asheville trip, we dropped Trevor and Moira off at her parent's house in Waynesville. Feeding the neighbor's horse a few apples and lots of sad goodbye hugs were the main agenda.









The final day before flying home, Brandon gets his first mohawk (sorry LeaAnn!!)



Conservative no longer.:)

We're missing Trevor and all our company is gone. The house seems uncomfortably quiet. I should really learn to enjoy it but that happy swirl of energy and laughter is somehow more normal.


OH, and I finally posted at "Tea With Ren". Now to post more often than every six months. sigh.

6 Comments:

Blogger Heidi Snavley said...

It is funny how people that aren't familiar with our crazy, joyful life have a hard time with all the noise and laughter. People think I tune it out but I'm thinking that it's because I like it - it's the sound of LIFE!!! Glad Brandon could have such a long visit, it's just time for them to move up there!

2:31 PM  
Blogger LeaAnn said...

I already commented on the mohawk and boy did that post get messed up. I have to comment on the hug pic. That brought tears to my eyes but how wonderful that they are such good friends.

Hey Heidi....you too!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Ren Allen said...

You should have seen the sad faces when they said goodbye. I thought Trevor was going to cry...
the drive home was a lot more quiet than the drive out.

4:34 PM  
Blogger CG said...

I'm still trying to figure out which photo you think is bad of you! Is it the one with no make-up? because I think that is beautiful but then I have a no make-up bias.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Ren Allen said...

Nah, I don't mind the no makeup part, its that damn second chin I seem to be getting. I don't mind the wrinkles, but that looseness under my chin and around my mouth bothers me.

I don't care for dark circles around the eyes either...other than that part, no makeup is just fine.

When I tuck my chin back I think I look terrible and La caught me in just such a position...concentrating on film in the camera or something.;)

11:18 PM  
Blogger LeaAnn said...

I'm still trying to find the pics Laura posted. I only see one from Rock Creek even when I'm signed in. Did she take them down?

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home