.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Sweetness

They started out oh-so-tiny on July 13th.



My how they've grown...
such good little curtain climbers. We still need to find a home for at least one kitten. If you'd like a well-socialized critter that purrs, drop me a line. I'd love to keep them all but four cats is a bit much at this point in life.

Oh, and the fact that my dear third child brought home a rabbit last week...
then there's those guppies and that rattie girl....
and the beehives that are supposed to get started this spring.

We're at maximum pet density (as my friend Betsy would say) so help distribute the cute things more evenly in the world will ya? I just know one of you in blogland could use a cute, well-loved cat.

I really should be posting about all the fun stuff since Brandon got here from Pensacola two weeks ago. Being on a film camera has it's drawbacks. He goes home this morning and I'll finally catch up on blogging after he's back in P'cola. sigh.

We've had so much fun with him here (don't worry LeaAnn, I'm not sending him home with a cat but there might be another small surprise when he gets back), my kids are going to be so sad when we leave him at the airport.

Sending "move-to-Tennessee" vibes with him of course. :) We'll miss you Brandon!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Rue said...

Well, you know which one wants to come live with me, but I'd probably take any one of them if you deliver :o).

8:37 AM  
Blogger LeaAnn said...

I can't wait for pictures! Thank you so much for having him and I'm sure he'll bring his own move to TN vibes with him. Off to pick him up at the airport now!

12:38 PM  
Blogger LeaAnn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:16 PM  
Blogger CG said...

you getting your hives from the bee farm right down the road? (Grey address) K&K -- Ken and Kathy. Great folks. There's an active "bee club" there too.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Ren Allen said...

Didn't even know about that one!! I'll have to see if I can find them online. I was planning to visit Brushy Mountain Farms up near Hickory....they won't let me reserve bees until Feb. but they have sessions to show you how to transfer the bees and all.

I thought I'd get my two hives in Jan. and get them all ready then get the bees in for March or April. I'm attending the beekeepers meeting next month so maybe they'll know about K&K? :)THanks for the tip!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Ren Allen said...

Oops. Not sure what happened with your comment LeaAnn! I tried to publish it and it did something weird. You might be able to edit it? Dunno.

Yeah, I hope you didn't freak about the mohawk!! Any other kid and I would have said "ask your Mom".:)
He was really not sure for a while, I kept saying "you can always wait and decide next time you visit!"

But no, in the end he insisted I do it. I figured if he was really bent on a mohawk at least he should have it done straight....he knew where my shears were ya know.

The nice thing about mohawks is that if you get tired if it, you just shave it off and start over. lol

12:01 PM  
Blogger Ren Allen said...

LeaAnn said...

Little surprise???You gave him a mohawk!! Brandon, who never wants weird haircuts, unlike his brother. He has a nice shaped head....but tiny ears.lol.
Makes me remember the time Aaron came to park day with red hair (before your gang started coloring) Trevor wanted his colored too.You were hesitant then and got him temporary color. Well, those days are long gone for sure!! Aaron has done crazy things with his hair since he was little but Brandon? Mr Conservative himself? I had to do a double take.
Not that a mohawk is weird, I'm just sayin'.....

12:04 PM  
Blogger Ren Allen said...

Totally confusing now. The above comment was left by LeaAnn...freakin' blogger did something weird and did three sections of it that were identical so I removed it and fixed it (I hope). But now it's under my name. Sorry!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Heidi Snavley said...

Oh, and those little critters add so much joy to a home too! I'm at my max too, ya think? Couldn't part with any of them though. Don't tell my kids you are giving away kittens and please give them away before we get there ;) Otherwise, I won't here the end of it until we leave.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Heidi Snavley said...

Oh, and those little critters add so much joy to a home too! I'm at my max too, ya think? Couldn't part with any of them though. Don't tell my kids you are giving away kittens and please give them away before we get there ;) Otherwise, I won't here the end of it until we leave.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home