.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Beautiful tribute art

I really want to post about the InHome conference and the experiences I had there in Chicago last week, but I can't find Sierra's camera at the moment and pictures tell the story better.

In the mean time, I want to share something really, incredibly, amazingly beautiful and touching. My friend Robyn Coburn made this very special doll in honor of Lisa Heyman. A doll by Robyn is not only a work of art, but infused with her energy and vision. Go check out her IggyJingles blog to see the doll, then stop by her ETSY store and order something special for you too.:)

I'll get the blog thing rolling again this week complete with some new pics. The exciting news in my life right now is the fact that I have two bee nuc's due to arrive March 27th. I've got two weeks to get my hives ready! Ack. I'm babbling like a lunatic about bees and their behavior. It's been quite a learning adventure thus far....each new thing I learn leads to about 20 new questions.

Happy trails everyone.....

3 Comments:

Blogger kelli said...

The Lisa doll is amazing. Brought tears to my eyes, I could totally feel Lisa's spirit when looking at it.

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome, Ren! You have to be really excited about the Bee Nucs ^_^ Can't wait to see your hives this summer =D

12:52 PM  
Blogger Tina said...

Hey Ren,
always love to read about your adventures. My father has been a bee keeper for almost 20 years now. Give me a ring on my blog is you need questions answered.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home