.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Friday, July 21, 2006

Shine

Amy Steinberg shines SO brightly, right here in JC once again!!
I just had to share with you all because I know there are some wonderfully passionate and beautiful souls that drop by here occasionally.:) I delivered your hugs Kelli and Diana. She received them graciously and said thank you.
I hope you all get a chance to see her in person....if not in your area, then head up here to the mountains, where the shine is INTENSE!!

Sierra and Markus accompanied me tonight, chatting happily and drinking beer and smoothies together. It's a joy to see Sierra's happy face as she sings along to one of her favorite musicians.

I believe Amy is going to have a lot of unschoolers as fans. She probably didn't realize it when she was writing her music, but songs about being "exactly where I need to be" and "wide sky life" speak directly to the spirit of an unschooler. So rock on all you hip, fun and passionate people. And got to an Amy Steinberg concert or at least buy her CD for a jolt of fun and encouragement.

"I am exactly where I need to be, I need to be exactly where I am, I am a blessing manifest.........."

2 Comments:

Blogger kelli said...

Thank you Ren! We listened to both of our Amy CDs last night, thinking of her playing and singing. I'm confident we'll make it to a concert sometime soon. :D

10:02 AM  
Blogger Heidi Snavley said...

I am so jealous! Maybe I will get to meet this beautiful soul some day. You would think I would get sick of her music, I listen to it so much but, your right, it really hits that spot with us free spirits!

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home