.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Friday, July 14, 2006

Robert Genn

I get an email twice weekly from an artist named Robert Genn. I've never met him, someone referred me to his twice weekly letters (thanks Kelly) and I've found them to be insightful, interesting and quite often, uplifting. This paragraph grabbed me today:

~The writing of notes, letters and journals is good for
creators. Writing is learning. Writing shares joy, delight,
triumph, struggle, disappointment and disaster. The free
exchange of ideas and processes helps us to think about what we
are doing and where we're going. This mutuality is part of our
self-education. In a lifetime of painting I've learned that
subjects taken for granted need often to be revisited and
re-examined. And like all of us, I have minor epiphanies and
esoteric insights. As if they were mosquitoes, I swat them down
into this magic box. Sometimes, as you've probably noticed, the
stuff gets a bit weird.~


The interconnectedness of art and writing is made apparent for me, in this paragraph. What I find hard to put in words, he did so well. There are many times that the writing process clarifies what is muddled, or inspires and uncovers things that want to be created. Just as often, color and images lend themselves to inspiring words. Writing and art are just two forms that help me excavate that which is within in different ways. Thanks for the words today Robert.

You can also subscribe to his twice weekly letters if you choose. Just click here to sign up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home