.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Friday, June 30, 2006

2am musings

What I am doing up at 2am, unable to sleep, typing at my blog AGAIN is beyond me. I have so many thoughts swirling around, this seems a logical place to dump them. I'll just post a couple goings ons instead....can't turn the blog into a major brain dump! I'll save it for a paper journal and spare everyone the agony of reading all the meanderings that wander through my brain. Such is life, when you live on the edge of neurosis.

Took the kids and John swimming today. Jalen figured out that his new-found swimming skills work just as well in the deep end as they do in the shallow area. He was so funny showing off for his siblings and staying underwater as much as he was above. Continually amazing. We visited Lowes after dropping the boys at home, for some plants, dirt and a Jalen size shovel. Unfortunately, he tested it out on Markus's landscaped area up front which really annoyed Daddy. Damn, it's just some dirt!

We put the dirt back and explained some better places to shovel next time. Poor guy was just so excited to test that cool shovel out. It's really good quality, looks just like the big ones. Sierra got a new swimsuit as her old one was worn out. She's sleeping in it tonight, probably dreaming about water.:)

I mowed a wonderful pathway through our jungle...er,um...I mean backyard a couple days ago. It's a nature sanctuary if I ever saw one! Jalen and I went out to pick some flowers (mostly weeds) for the kitchen but he got sidetracked by some lovely hidden nooks and abandoned the flower hunt. I have three orange daylilies and some white weeds that look like baby's breath on the window ledge in spite of losing my helper.

Tomorrow we plant more veggies! Hopefully all our little friends that visit at night will let them grow. Something likes our moonflower leaves, it may never become a vine at all. Such are the challenges of sharing your yard with wild animals. Hopefully no killer bunnies.

It's worth it all when I walk outside at night and can see the stars overhead, fireflies lighting up in the dark and a cool breeze on my face. I absolutely love it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home