.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

First mural


Painted the first mural in the new house! I got SO tired of seeing blank walls everywhere, I finally did something about it. I painted a mural across one wall of my bedroom. The kids are loving it. Now I'm inspired to start working on other rooms. Sierra wants fairies next...YAY!

Kelly gave us a good idea from a Trader Joe's bathroom that inspired them. It's hard to explain, but it looked like a partial collage. There was some artwork and papers glued to the wall and then paint was over and around all of it. Very cool. I'm thinking about doing something like that in our bathroom now.

Many, many blank walls to muck about with.

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Sounds very cool! I'm sure with your artistic abilities you will have some awesome walls!! I have a ton of blank walls in my new house that I need to do something with. Right now I'm just trying to get over my phobia of putting holes in the walls so I can hang some pictures!!

1:10 AM  
Blogger Zenmomma said...

Post a picture!!! I want to see your mural. :o)

2:11 PM  
Blogger Heidi Snavley said...

Ya, we want to see pictures!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

I Love it!!!!! Beautiful!!!!

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home