.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Transitioning

I'm loving my days off, as I transition from Lancome to MAC again! It's been so awesome to just BE and not worry about getting ready for work every day.

We visited the Blue Plum festival for a second night (Saturday) because Jalen and Sierra had such a great time. It was meant to be. I ran into a booth with this amazing art, and figured out the artist was a lady we ran into while purchasing supplies for Hannah's quilt! She had given us advice and chatted for about 1/2 hour. I ran into her at work after that, but didn't have her contact info. She is this very sweet and kind soul, someone I thought would be nice to know better. When I saw her art I knew why!!

It's been so cool the last few days, makes me SO happy we aren't in Pensacola, where June is stifling. I've actually enjoyed being out in the yard and jumping on the trampoline with the kids. Our little garden is hit and miss. Some of the plants look stunted, while others are taking off quite nicely. Maybe the compost wasn't aged enough. In any case, we have two tomatoes and some peppers that are looking hale and hearty, plus several herbs and one lone cabbage we thought was a brocolli!

Jalen had a rattie girl on his lap last night. She kept trying to chew on his shirt, he's trying to explain that she's nibbling on him but it came out "she's nibbning me Mom". So cute. They love their little friends.

Heidi and family called from Colorado this week. I think they'd be moving there if they hadn't already promised the kids they're going back to AK! It sounds like a good fit for them. She's got a couple cute pics of Calista and Sierra holding our rats at her website, (plus all the great photos of their RV travels of course). We miss them a ton!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home