.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Jumpin'






I received birthday money this week from family (thank you Allens, Bidwells and Porters!!!) and right away knew what I wanted; a trampoline!!!! I went and found a good price at K-mart during my lunch break and brought it home after work.

I wanted to get it assembled without the kids knowing, but Jalen was nattering at me about buying some video games, not accepting my answer of "I don't have money right now!" I was getting frustrated and Markus looks at me and says "I think he's forcing your hand Ren". In other words, go get the damn trampoline out and distract him!!

So we hauled it out, the kids were beside themselves. Trevor even emerged from his cave to help us put it together. They had a blast jumping until it was dark (and cold), we'll finish the enclosure tomorrow. They said it was the best Birthday present ever.:)

Heidi and Martin are supposed to be back here in the evening, just until Monday before they head North to Alaska. The boys are really excited about the ghost hunting class they're taking with their cousins, auntie and uncle. Not your mainstream class, why does that not surprise me?

3 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Ren!
Happy Birthday to you!

We have a trampoline also-the kids love it!. We bought some beach balls to put in there and they love bouncing around with them. It's also Shawna's favorite reading spot. She just lays in there and reads for hours.

Joanne
A Day in Our Lives

10:18 AM  
Blogger Zenmomma said...

Happy Birthday Ren! What a sweet present to give back to your family.

11:48 AM  
Blogger WonderSoul said...

Happy Birthday Ren! I still haven't managed a copy of People tho I love your article in the new unschooling zine.

8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home