.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Raw

That's the only word I can think of right now...raw.
It's how I feel. Raw and open and vulnerable and sad.
Diana's sweet daughter Hannah is fighting for her very life tonight. A systemic infection ravaging her body, they have her on life support.

I keep reading online, hoping for some news. Rue called a little while ago, her voice so comforting from far away, my unschooling tribe pulling together and sending love over the miles. I weep for their suffering tonight, for their anguish. I weep and rage. WHY THEM UNIVERSE???
Why?? It's not their turn for this shit dammit! But no, I don't want a turn either thank you.

I hug the kids and thank the stars they are alive and well tonight, that they can fight with each other and play video games and spill food across the floor. Markus is on his way home. I need him to get home soon. I read Diana's blog tonight and remembered that six months Markus and I spent living separate lives and started crying again. She describes loss and pain so succinctly...in only the way Diana can. Raw and real.

I sit here and talk to Hannah from across the miles...this child I barely know, but love because of knowing her mum. I tell her she can't leave just yet. No, not yet. She's got things to do on this earth and her Mum and Hayden need her. Our three candles will stay lit tonight and healing light will be sent towards the North.
So just stay Hannah. Stay and let the power of love and friendship heal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home