.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Heaven




If heaven is here on earth, then I just found a piece of it! Where, you ask? In the form of the best loaf of bread I've ever made. Cripes...I can't stop eating it.
I'm one of those people that is good at a million things, but not great at any one of them. Except bread making. What a claim to fame eh? I make awesome bread. Whoop-te-doo.
But damn it's good. The kids are used to my bread and they're even raving about this one. Full of oregeno and other herbs, dipped in butter with raw garlic crushed in.....yep, heaven.

We got enough snow this weekend to finally cover the ground with a beautiful white blanket. It's too warm to last, but we spent a lot of time outside between yesterday and tonight. Sledding in the dark brings back some fab memories! I forgot how light it is at night, when the snow is there for reflection. The kids hauled their sleds over to the cow pasture across the street and had a blast going down some longer hills. No cow shite came home either. phew.

There's a pile of wet coats and clothing by the front door, but I really don't feel like cleaning right now. The pile that's calling me is the stack of shipping tags that we'll be making into art letters for the "A,B,C" book (another Imagination Tribe project/trade).
I'm also wanting to experiment with some new ATC ideas.....ah, and then there's several writing projects screaming at me. sigh.
I was working on some drawings while watching "lifestyles of the rich and famous" with Jared and he started thumbing through my sketchbook. "MOM, why don't you just write the book finally?" when he saw some drawings that are for a book (in progress several years).

How do I explain why I have such a difficult time bringing things I really care about to completion? Each time I submit an article, or put up a photo of art, it's like exhaling. I think years in school cause more damage than most of us would like to admit.
I have a THICK skin dammit! And I still suffer from these stupid feelings of inadequacy.
I really haven't seen that fear in my children...I hope their lives of freedom will help them avoid all that stupid crap.

Time to go get another piece of bread. My mouth has quit burning, I need more garlic.:)

1 Comments:

Blogger Schuyler said...

I love making bread. I've not branched out into the realms of oregano and other herbs. My speciality is sourdough bread. Trapped and raised the yeast myself. I've tried doing a wheat version, but the flour was old, and I just don't quite like how sweet wheat flour is. So, doomed to duck food. I'll have to branch out, someday, maybe.

Schuyler

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home