.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Layers



I feel so free tonight. I got my hair cut off today, it's short for the first time in my life! I can't help but feel that I've just let go of another hang up left over from the cultish church I was raised in.
As I walked out of the mall today, it just felt so ME. Not that I haven't loved many of the fun hairstyles I've done over the last few years, but this was different.

I thought back to all the art I did in high school, most of the faces I drew or painted had punkish, short and colorful hairstyles. I always wished I could have hair like that.
Strangely enough, this new style is very similar (didn't realize it until after the fact) and I've been doing colors on myself that I only drew in the past. I really think I was imaging the inner self through my art all those years, and just never realized it. How cool that the real ME found a way to speak, even if it was just about hair. If you knew my childhood hang ups about hair though....it was never "just" hair.

Side note; Got hired at Belks today and Markus is heading into Flagstaff tonight...can't wait for him to get home. Even the kids have decided his cleaning skills are greatly missed. My fondness for putting off household tasks is beginning to show.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

Short hair rocks! Although I loved your blue and white hair, I can't wait to see it short. Will you be posting a picture? Mine is also the shortest it's ever been.....so short it's sticking up like a wet dog on top! LOL
Vicki (jakesmome) from L&L

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home