.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Friday, February 24, 2006

Hannah

In the end, Hannah couldn't stay. She died peacefully this morning, according to a very distraught Kelli who called Rue. Rue and I kept crying on the phone, but it was so good to hear her voice.
I called Sandra and wanted to call Kelly and Ben, but have been told it's not a good thing to do just yet...wait until tomorrow. That part is tearing me up.

I couldn't help but think that sweet Hannah could see her Dad and just wanted to be with him (her Dad died five years ago). I don't know about the afterlife, or what is out there, but I have to believe that the energy of love we share will be a part of it.

I will just hold Hannah's smile in my mind today. I will send all the love and energy I can muster to Diana and Hayden and all those that love them. The weakness in a community of people that are spread across the miles, is now apparent. You can't cook meals for someone, you can't physically hug them, you can't help with the funeral arrangements. Death came softly last night, and left behind a deep and gaping wound.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know our family is hurting and we hardly knew her. I can only imagine how hard it is for those of you who knew their family well. I have a question for you if you could e-mail me at mommy2hannah@yahoo.com ~Angela Woerner

4:23 PM  
Blogger Louise said...

How dreadfully sad Ren.
All my love and heart goes out to her family and friends xxxxxxxxx
So much sadness and not enough words......

6:47 PM  
Blogger Ren Allen said...

Thank you all for writing. I don't feel like I knew her family well, I just loved them through Diana and all her words I read over the years. Their smiling faces at the conference were a constant source of joy......

8:09 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

I only briefly met Diana and in those short moments I could sense what a special person she was. I know there's great things waiting for her and Hayden. Thanks for all you've been doing to help them out. This is such a sad time, but it's also overwhelming to see this great unschooling community pull together like it has. I'm so lucky to have found this path, and all of you that help smooth the way. {{hugs}} Vicki

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home