.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Genius or procrastinator?


My friend Valerie emailed this fabulous article today; "How to procrastinate like Leonardo da Vinci", along with her take that "unschoolers create da Vinci types".
Inspirational for sure! I've been labeled a procrastinator all my life. I'll just chalk it up to genius now, thank you. The other myth that needs busting is that whole "jack of all trades, master of none" bullshit. As if it's negative to have lots and lots of passions and interests. The renaissance types are often misunderstood. Nice to see the "procrastination" article though. Go read it, you'll be glad you did! Now go get something useful done. Or not.;)

4 Comments:

Blogger Elisha said...

I LOVE this! I have a wonderfully creative friend who spends a lot of time shaming herself for putting off mundane things, it's so sad. I'm going to pass this along to her, hopefully it will liberate her a little :)

8:26 PM  
Blogger laura said...

i am definitely a procrastinator!! so maybe i'll think differently about that now too! and i am definitely a jack of all trades type as well. in college, "art school", i always felt like i would never make it to my final show (and i didn't but for different reasons) because i wanted to do so many different things and that WAS NOT what the final show was about...it was supposed to be all these pieces of similar design, showing that you had reached your "style"....whateva! i hope i never reach that point where i stop changing what i do. sheesh, right now i'd settle for just wanting to do something again...anything!! but i know i will =) with a little help (and nudges) from my friends.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

I love that article.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Madeline Rains said...

On the jack of all trades thing (me too) have you read Barbara Sher's "Refuse to Choose"? I loved it.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home