.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Monday, March 23, 2009

Teen rebellion? What IS that?



Join me on Wednesday, March 25th from 1pm-3pm EST to talk about older children and teens and the transitions we experience as unschooling parents. The more people, the merrier! Let's talk about what unschooling looks like as children transition to adult life and issues that might arise (like how to cope with your child bending down to hug you...what is THAT all about?).

I hope you can join me for a lively and interesting discussion! Details here (including the password for the chat room) at Sandra's page.

Feel free to share this with lists you may be on...or your local friends...or your dog for that matter.


P.S. For anyone stopping by that might not know us, I am currently the unschooling parent of a 19y.o. who is living away from home, a 15 y.o., almost 12 y.o. and an 8y.o. and believe that "teen rebellion" is a bunch of baloney....haven't experienced it thus far.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We think of your 19 yo as living at home. <3

Ha ha!

10:24 PM  
Blogger LeaAnn said...

Dang, I really meant to be there. I need to write this stuff down. Hope it went well.

12:10 AM  
Blogger Ren Allen said...

So true Jen!! I mentioned what you said during the chat...:) Wish you all could have been there. Lotsa fun even though I could hardly hold my head up right from the damned flu.

I was going to hurt whether I laid in bed or chatted, so I picked chatting. duh.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I always hate the sneering, eye rolling way people said "teenager"! Like it was a dirty kleenex or disgusting word. We don't call our 13 year old that, he is a young man--and I am proud to be seen with him and love that he will still give hugs (of his own choice). I hope to get to be there for one of your chats in the future. We were out of town for this one. Thanks for your great blog.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home