.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Friday, January 30, 2009

Imagination Tribe!

After a holiday hiatus, our local Imagination Tribe gathered for some arting. This time hosted at our house. It was just what I needed.....

artsy supplies....



artsy kids....




artsy mamas.....











Oh, and some art!





Laura showed us a really cool technique, using TAPE to transfer pictures. Way kewl. Jess's Mom Carolyn came along for the fun and Susan showed up too. Always a good time, with good friends and food and good stuff....

Unfortunately I didn't get a pic of Austin before he had to leave the gathering. I'll get ya next time dude!;)

Some of the lovely I.T. ladies for the January gathering. See you next month!



Left to right is Jess's dd Aleah, Jess, Carolyn, myself, Susan and Laura. I can't describe what this group means to me or how much fun it is to art and talk with such a cool bunch of women and children.

6 Comments:

Blogger laura said...

i love seeing all these pix so soon!! we had a really great night. it was just what i needed to get me out of my slump, hopefully i'll be able to maintain those feelings to get me going on my illustrations!!!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

My mom had such a good time, she loved meeting you all and commented on what fun we must have. I totally agree and am so grateful for our friendship, gatherings, and the inspiration of everyone's creativity. Thanks to you all who make this special but especially to the kids, whom make it all happen everyday! Can you feel the hugs!!! Jess

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ren--this looks so awesome--do you guys gather each month? Is it open for others to join? If so, I would be interested in connecting with you all...let me know you think--
Christy

11:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This looks like so much fun! It is great to gather with others to do things like this! Thanks for the wonderful photos!

11:26 AM  
Blogger kelli said...

Looks like a wonderfully colorful creative time! :)

8:23 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Imagination Tribe! What a great name. I am so glad to have found your blog! Feel free to check mine out as well (I got your link through TNUnschooling). Maybe one day I can take a road trip and meet up with you and your group of artsy mamas!

Maybe you might like to help me spread the word about my organization that happens to be by the same name: www.artsymamas.org!

3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home