.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Today was all about...

....color and happy people. Sierra drove with me up to Abingdon VA to do makeup for a wedding. We did four of the six bridesmaids below, plus the bride, the bride's sister and her Mum. It was a busy day. I'll wait for the professional shots to get one of the bride and her family. They looked quite lovely, if I do say so myself.


The weather was absolutely perfect and there was rich color saturation everywhere. The leaves are starting to turn and between that and some gorgeous light today, I feel quite sated.



After arriving home, there was such amazing evening light that we decided to drive into Jonesborough and do a walk and shoot. You walk, you shoot....

whatever catches your fancy.




Scott's choice of shots. He wasn't even mad. But that's how he wanted me to take the picture. So I wisely agreed.:)




There is fall everywhere. Lush oranges and sweet yellows, intense purples and happy greens.
Everywhere.




But my very favorite shot of the day is this, taken at the old Salt Cellar. That ambient light is the BEST. Uber Yum. I kinda like my model too.;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Those are beautiful shots! I love the colour and light in the last one. And that picture of Scott is quite evocative.

9:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you've heard of photowalking?

http://tinyurl.com/2apk58

http://www.photowalking.org/

might be something good for SOFH, etc. to do at some point?

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home