.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Magic

It was a night for Acoustic Coffeehouse again..

our friend Heather was playing down there, so we wanted to support her efforts. In the end, our group pretty much took over the place.:)




Heather waits for her turn







Problem solving skills in action. There weren't enough checkers pieces to play a game, so Nesta went outside and picked up two different colors of rocks. To crown a piece, they put a torn bit of tissue paper underneath. Cool eh? Those danged homeschoolers are so sheltered and all.;)





NACHOS...as in
NOT YO'S!



Barb (above pic) and her husband used to live in Alaska and knew my sister. We figured this out the first time we met and it was such a bizarre thing to have someone say "Do you know the Snavley's?" Um yeah, I kinda grew up with one of them! I grew up knowing my brother-in-law too. We fought pretty good when we were kids.
What a connection eh? They hung out at one of the homeschool groups together when my nephew was just a wee man.






I'm trying to just let the pictures speak for themselves. We all have SUCH a great time together...the kids too. It's magic. I love my friends.

Sierra's camera battery died before I even got one of Heather performing so I'll have to let Laura fill in the gaps. Tag. You're it La!!:)
Neener.
Neener.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

I'm thinking I look very proud of my nacho. Thank you for posting the pics, it was fun!

9:21 PM  
Blogger laura said...

i love playing blog tag with you!! but i am not as fast as you. well sometimes i am...just depends.

our blogs are starting to look like bookends. we'll have to quit that cause people might start gettin' ideas about us!! woo woo!

they also might start thinkin' these homeschooled kids are allowed to go outside the home and be sociable.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Heidi Snavley said...

It is bizarre sometimes how things link together. I mean from Alaska to Tennessee, what are the chances? So cool! I had to do a double take because that gal in the white shirt looks like me! Maybe she looks different in real life but she even has her hair styled the same, although mine is growing out. Love you!!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Ren Allen said...

You know, I never noticed that!! Jess DOES look like you in the pictures. I think her mannerisms and voice are so different that I didn't pick up on it.

Dang! She has this very quiet, soft way of moving and speaking (but look out, there's a badass hiding inside) that is rather foreign to our kind.;

But in the pictures I see it now. Wow. No wonder I love her! Ha!

10:26 PM  
Blogger Ren Allen said...

And La, I'll be your bookend blog anytime.;) Hell, I'll just be your bookend ok?

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home