.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Amazing peeps


I have to stop and pinch myself for a moment. I am not only surrounded by unschoolers and other cool people, but I have a sister that is a radical unschooler too. My witty and brilliant nephew Kevin recently wrote about his unschooling views after attending a year of high school, by choice.

Go to her blog and read it in it's entirety, it's worth your time! The picture of Kevin is at the peak of "The Butte" in Palmer Alaska. It's hard to describe the view from up there,but just know that even in this amazing photo it doesn't do it justice. What can I say? Alaska rocks!

Here is a brief excerpt:

Education From the Free Eye
Written by Kevin Snavley

All my life I have unschooled. The only thing that could be remotely considered school that I attended was pre-school, and of course, that was all fun and games. That was just life, how things were. I always wondered in the back of my head what it was like to be there, in a school building all day. How horrible it was to sit there for hours on end being lectured by crazy teachers and doing hours of homework. And then somewhere in between most of my friends going to school and me wondering, I got caught up in "catching up" to everyone else.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zenmomma said...

Yup, he sure is one cool kid. :o) And now he's also becoming an online unschooling sensation. *g*

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home