.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Phuquing phunny




I'm not a spelling Nazi, truly I'm not. I don't use spellcheck very often. I rely on my friends to edit my writing. I really don't worship the Gods of spelling. If someone misspells words I don't judge their intelligence based on that.

But good GAWD! This kind of thing is why people believe the intelligence level of the South is in general, lower. Whether it's true or not isn't the issue, a sign like this just confirms every stereotype floating around in some people's books. sigh.

Note to neighbor: If you want to take the effort to create a sign asking for something from drive-by strangers, please, please, PLEASE know how to spell dirt. You make for a fecking hilarious blog, but you'll get more laughs than dirt.

6 Comments:

Blogger samuel said...

Maybe they really do need some drit, and all this time you aren't helping with all that drit you have sitting around. Come on, make with the drit lady.

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From the Minnesota Dept Natural Resources...
"People call earth different names. Soil scientists prefer to say soil because it simply means the surface layer of earth that supports plant life. Dirt has many meanings. It comes from the Old English word drit, meaning manure. The first dictionary definition of dirt is "any foul or filthy substance, as mud, grime, dust, or excrement [poop]." When manure or poop decomposes, it can become part of the soil. No wonder the word dirt can also mean soil."

So maybe your neighbor really wants manure or some such sh*t. :)

7:07 PM  
Blogger Ren Allen said...

Oh my....and I had planned to google "drit" just for the helluvit after I posted that pic!! Gotta love that etymology stuff. Very cool.:)

11:43 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Ren...this cracked me up!! Too phunny!!

1:06 PM  
Blogger Heidi Snavley said...

Okay, I'm going to pee my pants from laughing. Kind of like the lady that asked me "Down here they call usall Americans, what do they call y'all up there in Alaska?"

1:04 AM  
Blogger Ren Allen said...

Hey, I'm not agreeing with the stereotype, just pointing out how they're proving it true to drive-by Damn Yankees!:)

Ren, far northerner by birth, southern by choice (but still not sure how it all happened)

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home