.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Thursday, August 10, 2006

We have a dog

For a little while anyway!! We're babysitting Sammie (John's little dog) while John is recuperating after surgery. He fell off a tire swing two days ago and the wrist break was bad enough to require surgery and pins. All this going on while his mother is battling in court over custody. Tough week.

But we've got little Sammie, who is thrilled to have the constant attention of not one, but TWO children! Jalen and Sierra are with him right now, watching television. I'm not sure if PeeWee's Playhouse is considered safe viewing for dogs or not. Ah well, we may ruin him.

I'm finding it more difficult than I thought to find local milk and eggs. I get my knickers in a twist when I think about the fact that I used to buy raw milk in the STORE for crying out loud, and now it's illegal everywhere. Like the government has our best interest in mind? What a bunch of BULLSHIT!

If I want to buy, sell or otherwise use raw milk, it's none of their goddamn business. I get SO pissed of thinking about all the poisons they willingly label "FDA approved" but we can't buy RAW MILK??? Yeah, I really trust my government to know what's best for me. ARGH!!!

Everman's had just started carrying raw milk in Pensacola, about the time we moved. It was labeled "for animal consumption ONLY". Sure. I'm an animal. It tasted great, but it would have tasted better before it was put into that damn plastic jug. sigh....

I really need my 10 acres.

1 Comments:

Blogger Schuyler said...

I don't know, I think knowing the line "you know what they say...big shoes...big feet" is important for any growing dog.

Schuyler

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home