.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Fab quote

This was at one of the lists this morning, had to put it here before I forgot:

"Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back,
always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative (and creation)
there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless
ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits
oneself, then Providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help
one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events
issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of
unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man
could have dreamed would have come his way."

The author is
William Hutchinson Murray.
(thanks to Pam S for posting it)

I certainly have found this to be true in my own life. The doors that open, the connections made when we commit to our own rhythm and dreams is amazing. I was reading my journals from a few years back, when I was standing on the edge of many of my passions and dreams...wondering what it would be like to simply dive in. I'm in the midst of diving and it feels pretty damn good. Chaotic at times, but good.:)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so loved reading that quote on the group and now I get to read it again. :)

I was also thinking about posting it on my blog, too. :)

1:56 PM  
Blogger kelli said...

Yep, me too. What great insight.

I read it to my husband and he immediately printed it out. :)

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home