.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Home again....

Markus is home. He got back yesterday, thank goodness. I was realizing just how much comfort it is to share my sadness with him and what a rock he can be. Like tonight, while chatting with Rue.....when he walks in with a bag of truffles. Any man that brings truffles during a crisis is worth keeping around!!:)
Truffles and tea, that's what I need. Oh, and a good man that can clean house for me. The day he got home he positively scoured the kitchen and living room, including scrubbing and organizing the fridge. There are some really good things about being married to a neat freak. Especially a neat freak that doesn't nag me about being more relaxed.
Yeah, he's a good one to keep around.

I've been more thankful for my community of friends that are like family this last week. I've talked on the phone more than usual, cried more than usual and been filled with a deep gratitude for this life we've chosen. We are rich beyond measure.

I had the privilege of talking to Diana tonight...I say privilege because of the incredible human being that she is. I've learned so much about how to live fully and richly in the face of tragedy from this woman! She is absolutely and utterly CELEBRATING Hannah's life. They are having a huge Fat Tuesday party, then cremating and holding her service on Ash Wednesday. Hannah is dressed in the organic, colorful pajama's that Ben and Kelly sent in the mail.
So perfect.

One of the things she told me that reduced me to bittersweet tears on the phone; "Her Daddy caught her coming into this life, and he caught her going out."
Gawd.
She said that it's a good thing she breastfed that child because it's the only time Mitch let Diana hold her!! She'd also a bit miffed at him because when he was going through all his treatments, he told the kids about how wonderful the afterlife would be. "Why couldn't he just tell them it sucked?" Diana says, "he was too convincing!"

I am honored to have met Hannah and family, and thankful to learn from Diana how to laugh in the face of disaster, to find joy while mourning. I hope I remember these things for always.

Got to talk with Heidi tonight. They're now in San Antonio, TX and really enjoying that area. I made them promise to stay there for part of hurricane season in August or September, before they decide! Next step, hypnosis; "you will move to Jonesborough Tennessee".
Bwaahahahhahahahahaaaaaaaaa..........

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.... she is an amazing and strong woman. ~Angela Woerner

3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home