.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Photo shoot




I just did a photo shoot with a photographer I had not worked directly with before. The photos he had on his walls were stunning and I'm looking forward to more collaboration. Paul Bishop is truly another extraordinary artist!

As for the model, I've worked with Kim in the past and really been happy with the results! She's incredibly versatile and photographs well. Planning to focus on some editorial/artsy styles soon. Maybe some edgy body art.

At any rate, I'm feeling very inspired lately. Something about collaborative work always gets my creative juices flowing. I've got a stack of face charts with preliminary designs sketched out and a list of models I want to work with. All in just a day. I feel like I'm an idea factory when something inspires me.

Also did a pregnant Mum photo shoot on Sunday with Metro Productions and waiting to see the results of that. Both my latest shoots have been very bare/natural makeup which I tend to be even more critical of because it's a very flawless look and you can't distract with color.;)

Anyhoo, having some really great freelance work lately and enjoying the heck out of it. Sometimes when you take a passion and turn it into a career or job, it sucks the joy out of it. In my case, it just inspires me to new heights. Never do I tire of creating art on the human face.

Here's a shot from our last collaboration. Shows you how makeup can create a totally different feel and mood. This is from our retro/50's style when I did both hair and makeup. Lotsa fun!



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks like so much fun, ren! it's nice to have fun in your life, huh?

love the retro look, especially. she looks so lovely!

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home