.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Ouch

I know I'm a clutz....really I do. But sometimes it bites you in the worst way possible.

I was making cinnamon rolls for the kids last night and upon flipping the rolls out of the pan (onto a plate) I slipped and managed to drop what felt like hot TAR on my foot. Didn't think I'd be able to sleep last night it was so painful. In spite of getting it into cool water almost immediately, it blistered a huge patch across the top of my foot. There isn't a shoe on earth that won't touch that part. So work will be interesting today.

I'm going in early to look for a cute pair of black slippers or socks. sigh.

John stayed over last night. They had a ball playing this new game (even dragged Bleu into a round) called "Settlers of Catan". Mary picked John, Jared and Sierra up for a play in Greenville this morning. Jalen is currently watching Cartoon Network and Trevor is feeling icky. I'm pumping him full of herbs and vitamins while he rests. Poor guy is never sick, he really doesn't know what to do with himself.

Off to bandage the foot and try to find something I can wear that won't irritate it. I really should learn how to be more graceful....somehow. Maybe Ballet will help.

4 Comments:

Blogger samuel said...

My feet are cringing. I've always thought I was a little anal because I can't stand being in the kitchen without shoes on. It's not me being smart enough to think safety though; it's because I'm a very messy cook and can't stand stepping on all the bits of things that hit the floor.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Brenda Marie Hoffman said...

OUCH that sounds sooo painful. I hope you feel better soon!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Ouch Ren!! I hope it heals quickly. Did you rub some aloe on it?

11:07 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Ren!
Do you have any friends who are nursing right now? If so, ask them for a few squirts on your foot! Takes the burn away, it's our old stand by here whenever someone gets a burn. Just the other day, I was standing in the kitchen hand-expressing onto Saylor's arm that he touched to the side of a pan while cooking. Magic stuff, I tell ya! :)

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home