.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Thursday, November 16, 2006

My "non-artistic" husband






These are photos taken by my husband who has never considered himself an artist. I've told him for years that he IS an artist, to which he replies "yeah, but not the kind that makes art anyone wants to hang up".
Well ok, he has a warped sense of humor which is lovely. Most of his art has been childlike creations that are mostly humorous and quirky, which makes them most appealing in my eyes because they're unique.

But he's decided to explore his abstract side with his new camera. Having always been one that notices color and design, a person with an eye for art, he takes to it like a duck to water. Just wanted to share his first attempts at really playing with that side of his artistic genius.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Had some experiences this week that have reminded me that life is exactly what you make of it. If you see everything as negative and awful, it IS. The universe will not be able to open doors, or help you reach your hearts desire if you can't FEEL the abundance and gratitude first.

Living a life of abundance is possible whether we have material wealth or not.
It's an attitude. If you think your life sucks, if you think your kid sucks, they do. If you see your child as the greatest blessing and joy, regardless of the package they came in, they will be. Choosing to see the wealth and beauty of our lives is a CHOICE.

Whatever state your life is in, is a CHOICE. Yep, even when things don't go as planned, you can always make a different choice. It's all about what we do with what we've got. Looking at other people, thinking they've got it made doesn't help us see all the good we've got right in front of us.

My blessings today?
~After some crying and frustration upon reaching park day, Jalen actually played happily with a group of children without one melt down.
~Sierra met a new friend at park day
~Food and friends
~Handmade pasta and tortillas
~baked apples with cream....omg, heavenly!
~I received my bottle capper in the mail, we are set to make homemade root beer.
~Cuddling with Markus on the couch and realizing once again what an amazing human being he is and how beautiful his eyes are :)
~A new thesaurus, the ability to write (however poorly it is at times!), the tools for self expression and friends to share it with.
~Realizing once again, how my life is exactly what I make it and the universe opens up to a heart filled with gratitude and abundance no matter how rough things get.:)

Blessings are everywhere.............may mercury in retrograde pass quickly.

8 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

I really like those! Great colors! I see the first one is a candle, but I'm not sure what the second one is.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Deanne said...

Please tell Markus that I LOVE his photos! They would look really nice in my living room. ;) Thanks for sharing.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Schuyler said...

Okay, must know, how do you make homemade rootbeer? The one recipe I've found says I need rootbeer extract which I can't get in the UK. I may have to wait until we go and come back...

Schuyler

12:08 PM  
Blogger LeaAnn said...

Great photos! I'd hang them on a wall.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Ren Allen said...

Thanks for the feedback everyone...I'll be sure to read your comments to him.:)

Root beer extract is usually with the flavorings in the baking section of grocery stores (vanilla, almond etc...)

If you can't get it over there, try Lehmans.com, I bet they'll ship to you. They have all the best old-fashion stuff anywhere. Love it!

They sell the bottle cappers, root beer flavor (plus a bunch of other yummy-sounding flavors like strawberry cream) , the caps, yeast and anything else you'd need.

Our root beer flavoring has the instructions with it.

Happy home bottling!! We're moving onto beer next...but that might be a while.

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Photos are awesome!

Homemade rootbeer is the best...makes great rootbeer floats too!

Jeremy has been brewing beer for the past 10 years, usually in the winter months. It's a fun thing to get into. A few years ago I took the leftover grains and made some killer bread....

9:12 PM  
Blogger Heidi Snavley said...

I love the pictures! I would definitely hang them on my wall! In fact, why don't you send me a 8x10 print, 8x11, whatever regular paper size is, of the lower one.

Heidi

12:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the pictures but am commenting to say that I so agree with your world view and you have expressed it so well that I have sent a copy to my sister who is struggling with life at the moment, she is a very resistant to attitude change but there is always hope, thanks for that.

Maire

4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home