.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Happy Halloween!




Today was truly fabulous! Seeing my kids with several of their closest friends in the whole wide world made for the best Halloween I can remember.

We spent this afternoon browsing around the quaint shops in downtown Jonesborough with my Dad, Nancy, LeaAnn and some of the kids. Wandering the shops and hearing them discuss various items was fun enough, but watching them throw leaves at each other behind the storytelling center was pure joy. Jalen informed us that he is a mountain climber, after scaling a large rock in the side of a hill several times.





It was sunny today. Perfect weather really. Back at our house the kids donned costumes while I helped with makeup effects. Dad and Nancy brought pizzas and we headed back down to Jonesborough for some Halloween fun. After oohing and aahing over costumes, playing some games and wandering the haunted house (which is actually a very historic cabin that Andrew Jackson lived in while practicing law in Jonesborough in 1788-89) we drove to do the traditional trick-or-treating at some nearby neighborhoods.

It's been a big, loud, fun and crazy day. I'm stealing a few quiet moments here, they feel luxurious because Jalen is asleep and I'm not completely wiped out just yet. Still need to fetch Sierra off the couch where she fell asleep during "Ghost in the Shell". As I snugged Jalen down into my bed, he told me "waterfalls are music through my ears." I have NO idea what he was thinking about, but how adorable. He had some tough moments today, so it was nice to have some quiet time with him.

The older boys are all in the basement, John and Brandon are here tonight. Everyone is full of friendship, candy and anime. Life is grand!

I hope everyone had a marvelous Halloween. This is the first day of Los Dias de los Muertos....we're gearing up for our Day of the Dead party on Thursday. More friends from out of state show up tomorrow and LeaAnn has decided they can stay an extra day. It's been a month for visitors. Wondering if the spirit world realizes the veil between worlds is supposed to be thinner during these next couple of days. I wouldn't be surprised.:)

Here's a fun thing someone shared at our local list: Electronic Pumpkin Carver
I know it's officially over, but who can resist carving a pumpkin? Happy Halloween everyone!

1 Comments:

Blogger Heidi Snavley said...

Now that is a motley looking crew! How much fun, wish we were there. Tell Leann and the kids hello! Dad and Nancy too. Love you!

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home