.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Friday, October 27, 2006

Visitors from P'cola!

I just got an email from Tori, who is about three hours from us at a hotel. Some of our very best friends in the whole-wide world are on their way from Pensacola and my kids are beside themselves. It's not often you meet a family that you not only like, but you have philosophy in common AND you like every member of that family. It's even less common to have your kids bond with their kids....especially when she has three at home (yep, she's got two grown kids and grandkids to boot!) and I've got four and they love each other like family, ALL of them. I don't know what we'd do without LeaAnn's crew!

Now I can work on brainwashing them into moving here. That'd make two friends from Pensacola I talked into the Appalachians. I got Mary and John up here (ok, I'm giving myself a lot of credit, she really wanted to be back up in hill country) 50% isn't bad.

Sierra is sound asleep, with her little hand-drawn calender that marked off the days for them to get here. Tomorrow, all the waiting will be over and my house will be full of joyful laughter and constant commotion. Then my Dad and Stepmom will get here just in time for Halloween. I think Halloween is going to top Christmas for my kids this year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home