.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Friday, November 10, 2006

Great parenting site!



Markus took this picture just before leaving for Columbia over a week ago. Autumn is a beautiful time up here in the mountains!

My good friend Mary Gold posted about Scott of the "Enjoy Parenting" website. He will be speaking at her Life is good unschooling conference in the NorthWest in the spring.

I encourage you to check out his website for really great information and encouragement. Yes, his family are unschoolers!:)

I dropped in at LeaAnn's blog today and read about their visit from her perspective. It was so great to relive some days with our "created family". She's got a great post about the idea of "caging" children in schools and the mindset of a prisoner that it can create.

I'm on day 4 of my* 37 day journey and gotten a lot accomplished already. Action DOES have a special magic to it. Perpetuating that motion today.....

*originally posted about the 37 days project over at my Tea With Ren blog.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a great parenting site. I found it on Mary's blog last week and have been there pretty much everyday reading past articles.

When one is "late in the game" as my husband and I are, it makes me very thankful for those who take time to share their thoughts online. A little perspective on our "past" parenting style? We were asked once to be the facilitators for Growing Kids God's Way! YIKES!!! LOL. We haven't parented that way in years but have been sort of in limbo. :-)

6:58 AM  
Blogger Ren Allen said...

In limbo is ok, it's just another part of the journey. My sister called tonight and told me to read his email for the day....I think I needed it this week!:)

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home