.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Positives

An unschooling Mum I know, started up her news website again. It's all positive reporting, uplifting and interesting articles. The "Good News Network" is sure to brighten your day! Scroll down the first page to see an article about how humans are naturally altruistic....something unschoolers already know.:)

Some cute "positives" here, include some Jalenism's. We were reminiscing about our Pensacola home and Jalen informed us he hates our new house. I ask him what we could change, to help it be better. His answer? He wants corn dogs! I guess I haven't been buying the veggie corn dogs enough since we moved. Phew..that was easy enough to change.
Sierra liked our old house better too. Unfortunately a big part of that was having Shai live three doors down. I can't fix that one and it breaks my heart.

I had a lovely message from Heidi the other day. "We aren't going to make it up there for a few weeks" she says as my heart dropped. "We're sitting here in Norway eating Lefse and we plan to eat our way through a few more countries."
Ok, now I know she's being glib. They were at the Epcot Center pavillions! Phew again. We're really anxious for them to get here soon!

We mailed in our ABC tags (Imagination Tribe project) and can't wait to see the final results! It's a project where each participant decorates a mailing tag with one letter of the alphabet. After mailing the letters to the person coordinating the trade, she binds them all into ABC books and mails them back. We'll have letters by many of our friends, some irl and some online. Very cool! I heard Ben Lovejoy's is X-rated.:)

Built some raised beds for Mary today, after a trip to Lowe's with Markus to help us pick up materials. Trevor helped move a computer set-up into another room while Jalen, Sierra, Mary and I built the beds. I had lotsa helpers and the boys really enjoyed hanging out with John this weekend.
Jalen accidentally knocked over Mary's iced tea in the driveway at one point, and discovered the joy of hammering ice cubes. Mary saw his joy and ran inside to get a bucket of ice. We soon had a very messy pile of smashed ice all over the driveway as Jalen and Sierra smashed to their hearts content. Cheap fun!! I'm really grateful for friends that really honor my children and get into their world.

Kathryn Baptista asked me to be her keynote speaker for the New England conference (thanks Kelly!!) but it didn't really sink in until I visited the NEunschoolingconference site today. Gotta get busy on writing those talks! Crikey, people think I might have something to say.;)
Toastmasters anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home