.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Things keep on growing...












3 Comments:

Blogger Deborah in IL said...

That pot tower is just wonderful. Thanks for the look! Oh, what's being broken up in that last pic? Deb

11:42 AM  
Blogger Ren Allen said...

Ice!! Jalen was being angsty and annoying Sierra badly and I needed a good outlet quickly. Knowing his need for movement and seeing as it was a hot day, I grabbed a bag of ice and hauled it out to the driveway. He had been resisting the idea when I mentioned it but upon seeing the ice and hammers he couldn't stand it and jumped right in,smashing to his hearts content.:) Sierra too.
Smashing ice is a good outlet.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Shan Jeniah Burton said...

Ren, thanks for sharing this. It's been a rainy season, here, and I scarcely got anything in. The weeds choked some of the rest, and I've been mourning my garden-that-never-was. seeing yours flourish brings me inordinate joy!

Your ice idea is brilliant! It would work perfectly for Jeremiah, too - he loves ice, hammers, and moving. Think I'll take them both to buy hammers tomorrow...and I'll be prepared with another idea when it's needed.

This must be what it looks like further up the road...

Peace!
shan

3:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home