.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Trip to the NW: The conference

I'm way too behind for anything remotely organized at this point. So here are some random highlights of the conference weekend, which was full of many grand and somewhat stressful moments for me. Such is the way of unschooling conferences....

Lunch with Amy Steinberg, Donna, Heidi, Robin and Mary. Glorious weather, yummy food, lots of laughs, the massive Columbia river flowing past as smoothly as the margaritas we drank.






They had the mariachi band sing Happy Birthday to me....all while wearing a very large hat I'm not going to show you.



There was a very cool "river" in Esther Short park, a quick walk up the street from the conference site. We went there every day. Didn't hurt to have a very good coffee shop/cafe right on that particular square.;)



The post-conference picnic...














My friend Lindsey even showed off some of her amazing acrobatics for us! Lindsey and I worked together out here in Johnson City and she had moved out to the NW to join a dance troupe. It was great to re-connect.



Searching for a four-leaf clover.It's one of his "things".





Saying goobye...




The late-night parties in my room...




The late-night ATC making in my room....








The deck overlooking the Columbia, where we could sit and chat or drink or hug. My room looked over this deck and the river, it was awesome!




The talent show. We were helping Calista fulfill her dream of being in the show for the very first time ever. She wanted to sing "Five green and speckled frogs", which she did. We were her "frogs".




The Amy Steinberg concert, always a hit, always a blast! We love you Amy!!:)



Visiting the In-laws....it had been too long and it was great to see them and give the kids a chance to share some hugs.




It was a great trip and a great conference!! I'm still exhausted.;) Thank you Mary and Jon for hosting this incredible weekend. You rock!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy Dingmann said...

Looks like a great time! I will live through your unschooling conference experiences...I've yet to find a conference even remotely close to me...guess we will have to save up some travelin' money :)

11:46 PM  
Blogger Cap'n Franko said...

Lovely report and great memories. I recognize my orange crocs, purchased in Key West, and our painted-up minivan; but what the hell was I doing WRITING during the party in your suite when I should have been DRINKING?

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home