.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Unschooling Blogs
Previous | Next
Live and Learn Blogs
Join | List | Previous | Next

Visit Radical Unschooler's Network

Learning in Freedom

Welcome to Learning in Freedom, a blog all about the learning adventures (and mishaps) of the Allen family. My four children are unschooled, following their interests and passions every day and living the lives of their choosing. The purpose of this blog is to share our every day lives (and my not-so-humble opinons) with anyone interested in stopping by. We hope this will give a glimpse of how natural learning unfolds from day to day......

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Trip to the NW: The Beach





We spent the 18th driving to Tillamook to visit the cheese factory, Cannon Beach where we explored Haystack Rock and then on to Seaside for some shop browsing and arcade fun.



The cheese factory is much more sterile and touristy than it was when I visited as a kid. But the ice cream and cheese are still amazing.

I love Haystack rock where you can get up close and personal to sea creatures, the smaller variety anyway.












The kids seem to spend most of their time in the very cold water and digging in the wet sand until their lips are blue.










Hot coffee and no water play were in order for me....thank you very much.










Hanging out with my sisters and their families/children was truly awesome. I'm so lucky to have two of the best sisters ever. I mean EVER. They rock! I love you both.....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Darcel said...

Love your blog and I love your hair!

10:11 PM  
Blogger Sandra Winn said...

Ren, looks like all of you had a blast! BTW...lovin' how you rock rainbow hair chic! :-)

BTW, this is Sandy from Pensacola.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Heidi Snavley said...

Well, you rock more! I don't know what I would do without you:) Love you!

3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home